Wednesday 20 January 2010

Examples of possible images for my Digipak

The image above is an example of me experimenting with different types of effects which I can use. I quite like the effect of Tamas in this, because it makes the image look more interesting. However, I wouldn't use this as a front cover, because I don' t think it is strong enough alone. However, with more manipulating I may use this for in the inside of my digipak. Therefore the image wont be wasted because the overall effect looks quite stylish.
The significance of using a door is that it relates well to our song, because of the reference to the word "home." The idea is that our male protagonist is feeling lost and helpless, alongside being shut away in his own home from the rest of the world. Above, I manipulated a photo I took of our door, and so far simply contrasted it against a plain background which however will be changed. But I wanted to see the effect of placing Tamas inside the door which suggests to the audience that Tamas is shut of from society. This also gives our album a quirky feel.

The image above is one of my favourites. The background is a photo I took of a painting, yet it makes a great background contrasted against the symbol of the door again. I plan to layer Tamas into this image, with the aim of using this as a perhaps my album front cover. Therefore, this will stand out strongly in a music shop such as HMV because it looks very different and unique compared a lot of other album covers, which simply have boring images of the band and nothing else to hold the audiences attention.


Above is a possibility as a front cover, however I prefer the image with the painting and the door because it combines art work with technology. Although, again I have used the symbol of a door to signify a home. In opposition though, I think that the image of the painting will have an overall much stronger effect as a front cover for a digipak, and would have a better chance of standing out above other digipak covers in a shop. Although, the background does represent a British band as the scenery has strong connotations of a British band, as the door looks like it does belong to a small country, English cottage.

This is just the same as the image above, apart from the typography has been added on onto the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment