Wednesday 28 October 2009

Change in Female Actress

Originally, Izzy Davies was going to be our actress for our music video. However, despite the fact that Izzy did fit the profile that was needed for our actress, we encountered some problems. The main one being that Izzy unfortunately didn't have enough time to be able to film what we needed. Furthermore, after the changes which we made to our narrative in order to make it more interesting,we discovered that we needed our female protagonist more than we thought so. As a result, we decided upon finding a new actress to play our female protagonist which still fitted the profile we needed and also had enough time to come and film our music video.

We found this more difficult than we thought so, due to the fact that not many females we asked were willing to perform in our music video. Unfortunately, no-one with good acting experience had time to also be our female protagonist. As a result, we have decided to use myself to be the actress in our music video. (Photo of myself below.)
Reasons for choosing myself to be the actress and play the female protagonist in our music video is that I fit the profile that is needed. For example, I am of correct height as I am slightly smaller than our male actor Tamas, me and my group originally wanted an actress with curly hair which I have got, and ultimately I have the time to be able to film the scenes because I am in our group.

Therefore, I will be participating in both the directing of the music video and playing our female protagonist. This way I will be as involved as possible in making our music video the best that it can be, and by using both myself and Tamas as the actors, it ables us to have more time and say over when we can film, as we don't have to reply on when our actors are available.



1 comment:

  1. A sensible decision, don't forget to rehearse so that performances are authentic.

    ReplyDelete