Sunday 23 August 2009

Introduction to my Media A2 Summer Project

My topic for my A2 Media Extended Learning is:

Do males consume music in order to construct a collective identity to a greater extent than females?

Reasoning for choosing this as my topic is that I thought that it would be interesting to research how males and females actually respond differently to a variety of music and music video's. This will help develop my understanding for my year 13 coursework, as it will increase my knowledge of background music for studdying and constructing music video's next year.
I will express my findings through blog posts, pictures, photo's and an essay. Furthermore, research in which I shall carry out will include:
- Handing out questionnaires
- Interviews
- Photo's
- Recording the interviews
- Vox Pops
- Video Recording different social groups

This topic is relevant at this point in time, as the music industry is growing larger and more powerful each day, with even more unsigned bands becoming more well known due to social networking sites promoting their music, such as Myspace. Therefore, the topic of weather or not males use music to consume a constructive identity to a larger extent that females do, is a topic of interest, as the results could tell is about weather or not music can actually mean more to males and females in terms of using it as a way to express themselves.

I will use sample groups and mostly qualitative data to present my research, and shall record my findings as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment