Sunday 14 March 2010

Final Magazine Advert

This is the final version of my magazine advert after making alterations from the original version. To begin with, instead if promoting a tour, I am promoting the bands release of their debut album, and have included a release date on the advert so their new fan base can keep record when the album is released. I chose to use the colour yellow for the typography as it contrasts strongly against the red, therefore making the title stand out to a reader flicking through a music magazine as the colour is seperated against the running theme of red I have featured in my digipak covers.
The magazine which The New York Fund advert is going to be released in is NME magazine, which I have discussed in my previous blog post with the original version of my magazine advert. The reason why I have chosen NME magazine is because it continually promotes bands across the wide scale Indie genre, from Indie Folk to Indie Pop. For example, such bands include Razorlight, The Kooks, Kings of Leon, Coldplay etc. Furthermore, I can visualize my magazine advert in NME because the mise en scene suits the genre of bands that are featured. Moreover, I have included a website which helps to promote the bands image, which is crucial because The New York Fund is a brand new band. Also, not only I have said for more details, I have included the fact that tour dates are available on the website, which will promote ticket sales.
Moreover, another feature I have included is the iconic symbol of the British sign which stops The New York Fund resembling an American band, which is would completely go against the set brief. I have also included the British symbol on the digipak which will continue to connote British culture. Also, another reason why it is particularly important to include that The New York Fund is a British band is because of the word "New York" in the band title, which is highly suggestive of American culture. Furthermore, I have altered the colouring of the title of the album "Nobodys Home" so its not all in red, otherwise the word "Home" wouldn't stand out against the red door, therefore I changed it to white so it would stand out and make a variation in the running theme of red. Finally, I have decided to continue with the image of Tamas on the sofa, because the fact he is shown sleeping connotes him being "tired on a tour," yet his body gesture connotes a hierarchy as it portrays him as a strong member of the band from the way his arms are stretched across behind his head. Moreover, this image could possibly connote that the artist is deep in creative thought. Also, I have decided to continue using the sign "KLEF Records," as it is an important feature in promoting the production company which also produced the music video.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed the laid back image of the artist indicates self assurance and possibly connotes he is deep in creative thought!!! Very useful planning and evaluation of ideas here.

    ReplyDelete